2013 RECORD OF SERVICE
101,026 women, men and children served
RAPE CRISIS AND VICTIM SERVICES – CRISIS AND COUNSELING SERVICES
3,803 Children and Adults Served
- 3,005 people called the Rape Crisis and Victim Services Hotline.
- 86 children and 499 adults and their 519 significant others were counseled at local hospital rape exam sites.
- 454 abused and victimized children and their significant others received therapy.
- 425 adult victims of sexual assault, battery or other violent crime and their significant others received therapy.
- 22 children, adults and their significant others were accompanied through criminal justice processes.
RAPE CRISIS & VICTIM SERVICES – PREVENTION EDUCATION
93,173 Children and Adults Served
- 87,824 child and adolescents participated in child abuse and sexual assault prevention programs. As a result, 169 children disclosed their current or past abuse in 2011 to a Women’s Center trainer. (More children disclosed to a trusted adult afterward.)
- 3,511 adults received sexual assault prevention training.
- 1,838 professionals were trained in sexual assault, primary prevention and victim assistance issues.
1,111 People Served
- 66% of Jobs NOW! clients became employed
- Average wage at placement was $11.10 per hour.
- 407 people learned skills to advance on the job.
3,025 People Served
- 2,243 people called the Helpline for crisis counseling and problem solving assistance.
- 215 people received individual and/or group therapy.
- 300 homeless children and their 179 parents living in shelters received support services.
- 148 people received legal assistance through the Legal Clinic.